OUTintheOPEN is Shepparton’s newest festival celebrating community diversity.
OUTintheOPEN was developed to address some of the inequalities faced by the local gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer (GLBTIQ) & allied communities and to build a more inclusive community in Greater Shepparton.
The festival is led by Kildonan UnitingCare and is proudly supported by many other organisations and community groups, including:
• The Bridge Youth Service
• Goulburn Valley Pride Inc.
• PFLAG (Parents, Family members & Friends of Lesbian & Gay people) Greater Shepparton
• Diversity Group (same-sex attracted & sex and gender diverse young person’s social-support group)
• Goulburn Valley Health
• Primary Care Connect
• Centre for Excellence in Rural Sexual Health (CERSH)
• Relationships Australia Victoria
• Goulburn Valley Primary Care Partnership
• Greater Shepparton City Council
• Goulburn North East Women’s Health
• Goulburn Valley Hotel
• Victoria Police
• Word and Mouth
The festival will consist of a health/wellbeing forum at Goulburn Valley Hotel function rooms and a Carnival day on the third weekend in November at the Queens Gardens. Other events will occur during the weekend across the City of Greater Shepparton.
For more info refer to the OUTintheOPEN website
OR contact Damien on 0437 134 625 OR email@example.com